0   0   0
It's a long shot... But any ID?

KIMG1149.JPG
KIMG1152.JPG

Tim

U

User1

View Badges
Is there a clear shell over them and have you ordered anything from IPSF? Or do you have strombus snails? 10 or so small with dots in a covered clear casing is usually a strombus snail egg cluster. They breed in home aquarium and are great snails to have around.

OP
OP
tstar

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't ordered anything from IPSF (don't know what the acronym is for). I only have Trocus and Cerith snails. As far as I can tell there is no clear shell casing... Solid white.

Could they be flat worm eggs? I do have flat worms...

Tim

U

User1

View Badges
I haven't ordered anything from IPSF (don't know what the acronym is for). I only have Trocus and Cerith snails. As far as I can tell there is no clear shell casing... Solid white.

Could they be flat worm eggs? I do have flat worms...

Tim

Indo Pacific Sea Farm (IPSF). If you do not have strombus type snails then that counts that out. I do not know about flat worms. I know snails do lay eggs on the glass and some are covered, some are in lines, circles, etc. Just depends on the type. You could search on the snail types you have and add eggs after and see what turns up.

OP
OP
tstar

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent idea!!! Here's the 411 on my snails;

Trocus snails broadcast their "stuff"into the water column

Cerith snails lay thick looping trails of eggs with hundreds of eggs

Something ate the eggs anyway, probably my 6-line... And I won't order anything from IPSF... ever!!! lol

Tim
PS Nice shot of a C-130 in your avatar, I'm retired Air Force...

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like Nassarius eggs.
1582377605665.png

U

User1

View Badges
Excellent idea!!! Here's the 411 on my snails;

Trocus snails broadcast their "stuff"into the water column

Cerith snails lay thick looping trails of eggs with hundreds of eggs

Something ate the eggs anyway, probably my 6-line... And I won't order anything from IPSF... ever!!! lol

Tim
PS Nice shot of a C-130 in your avatar, I'm retired Air Force...

Regarding the C-130. Thanks. And thank you for your service. Regarding IPSF - sorry if you had a bad experience. 6 line had a free snack :) I noticed my foxface rabbit fish clearing the snail eggs in my tank. That and a azure damsel.

U

User1

View Badges
saf1 - I've never ordered from IPSF, I assumed you were warning me about them. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Tim

Ah, no. IPSF - Indo Pacific Sea Farms is a great place to order from. Been around a long time but not a huge reseller. Mr. Gerald Heslinga has done a lot of work with clams and they really have some great coral food to include natural algae for tangs. They are one of the few who sell the strombus grazers and that is what I originally though maybe you had eggs of, or that type of snail :) You are fine. Glad we cleared that UP :D

Also - have a great weekend!

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, no. IPSF - Indo Pacific Sea Farms is a great place to order from. Been around a long time but not a huge reseller. Mr. Gerald Heslinga has done a lot of work with clams and they really have some great coral food to include natural algae for tangs. They are one of the few who sell the strombus grazers and that is what I originally though maybe you had eggs of, or that type of snail :) You are fine. Glad we cleared that UP :D

Also - have a great weekend!
Strombus are one of the few that will breed in the tank correct? Do they get out of control and can they upright themselves?

Also, about IPSF, is this really coming from Hawaii?

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them and yes it is really coming from Hawaii. He works with you and gets you exactly what you want.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back