Small worm / feather duster?

Dryan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2022
Messages
94
Reaction score
89
Location
Dracut
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently got a coral and in the bag, there are a few, maybe 3 or so, of these sort of floating around. The 'tail' of the worm moves around and it sort of swims but not really.

What are people's thoughts? I intend to dip the coral but this little guy in the bag could be tossed into the sump if it's friendly.

Thank you.

worm3.jpg worm2.jpg worm1.jpg
 
Hello,

I recently got a coral and in the bag, there are a few, maybe 3 or so, of these sort of floating around. The 'tail' of the worm moves around and it sort of swims but not really.

What are people's thoughts? I intend to dip the coral but this little guy in the bag could be tossed into the sump if it's friendly.

Thank you.

worm3.jpg worm2.jpg worm1.jpg
It’s a tube worm that has abandoned its tube
They use the fan to capture food
 
Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new