Small worm ID?

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed these little worms that retract with light and are only hanging out on my overflow. I’ve attached pictures and a video for id, should I get them out or leave them?

image.jpg

Attachments

• 67130438397__D9D66CAD-AEA9-42E6-8898-35F8BF57839F.MOV
    1.5 MB

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some type of polychaete worm. There are thousands of species, including the common bristleworm

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one similar in the back of my AIO the other day. I went to see if it retracted using tweezers aaaaannnd may have squished it. In my very limited experience, all I can say is they die pretty easy.

Also curious if these are harmful or not, I assume since there's one, there's more elsewhere I don't see lol

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some type of polychaete worm. There are thousands of species, including the common bristleworm
Would you net them out or let them be? Was also thinking on getting a copperband to help with an aptasia breakout I just had so they can help keep both populations down

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one similar in the back of my AIO the other day. I went to see if it retracted using tweezers aaaaannnd may have squished it. In my very limited experience, all I can say is they die pretty easy.

Also curious if these are harmful or not, I assume since there's one, there's more elsewhere I don't see lol
I suspect they aren’t harmful but I don’t know for sure. CBB are great for aptasia control and they appreciate lots of microfauna (worms, etc.) to hunt.

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect they aren’t harmful but I don’t know for sure. CBB are great for aptasia control and they appreciate lots of microfauna (worms, etc.) to hunt.
I love the Copper Banded Butterfly's but I only have a 20g, I'm about 100g short for one of those I think haha Beautiful fish though. Some day....

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back