View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH 8.3
Salenity 1.025
Dkh 11
Calcium 485
Ammonia, nitrate, phosphate, nitrite too low to detect.

Kessil 360s over an 80 gallon "frag" style tank setsup like a display et with a refugium with assorted plants and pods. Some fish, nothing unusual, mixed reef tank, nothing new added lately, flow provided by an icecap 3k gyre on wave, all the way down to 10%

My goniopora were doing ok for a few months but one day shrivled up and seemed to be bleaching, it looks like tiny (too small to photograph) clear worms seems to be lodged "popped up" into the water near the worst spots and a white almost calcification edge appeared around the Coral. I tried dipping and haven't seen the worms for a few days so we but my poor goni is very unhappy. The rest of the nixed reef appears fine however, some SPC and softies a few zoanthid and a ricordia all alive and well.

I'll take ideas :) thanks all
IMG_20181217_184529.jpg
IMG_20181129_193739.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!! Goniopora can be tricky to keep happy especially the green ones, if it’s a pest problem dipping is about all you can do. They like their water a little dirty so no nitrates or phosphates is potentially making him mad also.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back