Smallest clam

I'm assuming you're talking about TRidacna genus clams? Maricultured or wild live rock often has small clams that will do well and might even reproduce and spread in a system.
 
I'm assuming you're talking about TRidacna genus clams? Maricultured or wild live rock often has small clams that will do well and might even reproduce and spread in a system.
are they colorful like maximas
 
Usually not. PXL_20210723_145658957.jpg PXL_20210723_145706757.jpg
 
Usually not. PXL_20210723_145658957.jpg PXL_20210723_145706757.jpg
Are there any of the other clams like maximas that are colorful and stay on the smaller side. I think crocea stay smaller than the other ones like maximas or derasa
 
Last edited:
T. crocea gets to about 6", T. maxima just unde 8" and T. derasa just over 23". The other giant clam genus you might stumble across is Hippopus, Hippopus hippopus gets to be about 8 1/2".
 
Most Tridacna clams have pretty limited medium/long term success in aquaria due to a multitude of reasons. You don't see really anyone with big croceas/maximas they grew out. Let alone someone trying to rehome a clam because it outgrew their system.

If you see a clam you like give it a shot. Best case scenario it thrives and outgrows your system and it can move on for someone else to enjoy it.
 
T. crocea gets to about 6", T. maxima just unde 8" and T. derasa just over 23". The other giant clam genus you might stumble across is Hippopus, Hippopus hippopus gets to be about 8 1/2".
I can’t find crocea clams anywhere
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new