Smallest profile nano dosing pump?

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m most likely going to start 2 part dosing, been going back and forth between doing kalkwasser or 2 part and I just don’t like the added risk of kalk, especially putting it in an ATO, having the risk of the ATO failing on and overdosing, etc.

For now I can just manually dose, but for stability’s sake I overall want to get a doser. However I have a 32.5 gallon Fluval Flex which is an AIO. It’s in my bedroom and I also don’t have a stand or under the tank sump, the tank is on a dresser. So room is limited, especially when it comes to keeping equipment mostly hidden and out of sight for the sake of aesthetics.

So real simple question, just wondering what my options are as far as the smallest available dosers, that are also reliable. Size isn’t the end all be all if it’s not a quality product and will fail on me in 3 months lol. I’m looking for something that can more or less be hung on the wall behind the tank via velcro strips or hanging it with nails, where I can put small 1-2 gallon jugs of the 2 part behind the dresser on the floor and out of sight. Also, would prefer something that is self controlled and doesn’t need an external Apex or something similar.

Last edited:

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the kamoer x1 pro. Lots of people complain about connectivity to local network but as long as you do your initial connection to your router via 2.4ghz it’ll connect just fine. I dose all for reef at 1.2ml stretched throughout a day. I’ve been happy with it.

WilyGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the kamoer x1 pro. Lots of people complain about connectivity to local network but as long as you do your initial connection to your router via 2.4ghz it’ll connect just fine. I dose all for reef at 1.2ml stretched throughout a day. I’ve been happy with it.
I’m also in a Nano looking to dose. I’ve looked at the product and am I correct in assuming you need 2 for 2 parts?

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also in a Nano looking to dose. I’ve looked at the product and am I correct in assuming you need 2 for 2 parts?
Yes, since you’re dosing 2 different elements you’ll need 2 dosers or a 2 head doser.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a nano why not AFR it is an aio solution so you only need 1 doser?

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 as I dose the Part C as well, which is something you can add manually but I like the simplicity.

aleksanderalski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m most likely going to start 2 part dosing, been going back and forth between doing kalkwasser or 2 part and I just don’t like the added risk of kalk, especially putting it in an ATO, having the risk of the ATO failing on and overdosing, etc.

For now I can just manually dose, but for stability’s sake I overall want to get a doser. However I have a 32.5 gallon Fluval Flex which is an AIO. It’s in my bedroom and I also don’t have a stand or under the tank sump, the tank is on a dresser. So room is limited, especially when it comes to keeping equipment mostly hidden and out of sight for the sake of aesthetics.

So real simple question, just wondering what my options are as far as the smallest available dosers, that are also reliable. Size isn’t the end all be all if it’s not a quality product and will fail on me in 3 months lol. I’m looking for something that can more or less be hung on the wall behind the tank via velcro strips or hanging it with nails, where I can put small 1-2 gallon jugs of the 2 part behind the dresser on the floor and out of sight. Also, would prefer something that is self controlled and doesn’t need an external Apex or something similar.
Have you tried the Reef Factory single Dosing pump? Really small device and ultra reliable. Check it:

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Kamoer X1 Pro 2 dosers on my tanks. They're very small and I haven't had a single issue with any of the 3 I use (All for Reef).

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back