Smallest wavemaker

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the 1. Smallest and 2. Cheapest option for a wavemaker? This is going into the sump to disperse dosing additives. Nothing fancy, ac DC don't care. Just needs to mix and disperse faster than the sump which is pretty slow. The quantity of water is approx 10? Gal.

Side question will a 10w heater be enough to heat a 3000ml dosing container. Has 3 sections. If I put rodi in section 2 (middle) with a heater will it heat the other 2 sections on either side to about 78°. Cause I don't want the stuff precipitating in the coolness of the basement which is about 60ish°.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce nano in my office 16g nanocube. Good pump, but it's not a wavemaker unless you plug it in to one of those timed wavemaker outlet thingies. One speed. If you want a wavemaker, then maybe the Jebao SLW-5? I have two of the SLW-10's and they move a lot of water and have performed flawlessly going up for 2 years now (I think). Multiple different programs and you can have two work together if you ever so desire.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.2%
Back