Smart ATO Lite vs Micro

mistuhm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched over from a nuvo 16 to a lifegard 25 gallon but havent bought an ATO. I've been manually adding water and its been a drag. Ive been doing some research on some ATOs and came across the Smart ATO Micro and see lots of discussions about it but nothing about the ATO Lite. Is there a difference between the two?

York1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen a lite version. The micro works great. i have it on 2 of my tanks

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is the lite has a slightly more powerful pump. I've been running the micro for 3 years. I used to have an open top and as a result the ATO worked much harder back then. I ended up replacing the pump after a year and a half or so because it seemed to be struggling with the head pressure (sumpless tank, pump was pushing water about 4.5 feet up).

now I run a glass lid (yeah I know), my reservoir lasts about 5 times as long, and the pump is holding up better too.

I trust the micro completely, but the lite probably has a stouter pump.

edt: Hrmmmmmm, just checked the website and the pump specs are identical. So i'm honestly not sure what the difference is other than the size of the sensor.

Last edited:

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only difference I see between the two is the sensor. The micro has the single sensor while the lite has the dual in one sensor.

Micro:
  • Optical level sensor with integrated magnetic mount
Lite:
  • Dual-optical level sensor in one pack provides dual protection

Back