Smartcontroller firmware 2.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi rvitko,

I recently purchased the smartcontroller and was updating the firmware. I tried downloading updatev2.1.zip but the website says it's only compatible with version 2.0. Unfortunately I can't see where 2.0 is available for download.

Help appreciated. Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't. Most controllers out now use 1.3 which will be identical to 2.1. This is only a difference of an updated chipset, functionally and in all ways 1.3 and 2.1 is the same. If you have a 1.0 set you use 1.3.

OP
OP
Punchanello

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks rvitko. I thought at first the browser based controls were a little clunky. But as I updated the firmware from version to version I could see some real improvements.

Some people will prefer some of the more feature rich controllers but for me the Smartcontroller is perfect for my application. Really impressed so far. Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This summer should see many new upgrades and a new control connection that will make it far more attractive.

txreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko I just received my controller last week. it was on 1.0 got it all updated no issues. i noticed you said the 2.0 is for a new chipset. does this mean that the "newer version" is a better unit than what i just purchased? I am just curious as to why the chipset has already been changed and what this means for us with the older chipset?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.3 and 2.0 are identical, the basic motherboard got an OS update, it changes nothing except how the software has to be coded to be accepted, there is no functional difference.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This summer should see many new upgrades and a new control connection that will make it far more attractive.
Any ideas what these maybe only i am just about to purchase a controller and may hold off if Tunze are about to announce something.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing with the basic 7000 itself besides a software update you can download and install just like the others. It will be additional peripherals to enable control of other devices from other manufacturers.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. So, to do what we want the 7000 to do, it needs new hardware, for now we have stopped shipping units and when the new hardware is ready, existing users will be able to send in their unit to have a new board installed at no cost except shipping it in (at least in the US, I cannot comment for every distributor). This is needed to enable wifi interconnectivity with multiple devices and it will add a lot more features. For all practical purposes the 7000 will be a new unit after this sharing only the look/ports of the current unit, with new hardware, new software and open source and usable with any other brand willing to make whatever adapter cable/coding is needed. I don't have a final release date yet but we are testing the first working sample of the hardware and software now and it is progressing, we have a lot more testing to do though and need more samples as it will be a very big change from the old hardware in features.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back