Smasher and spearer in the same mantis?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JasonK84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Is there anyone here that has kept a peacock and recovered the molt? Did it have the same spear like dactyl?

The first molt I recovered I let dry with the spear closed up as I didn’t know it was there. Once the molt dried there was no way to open it as it solidified into place when it dried out. At one point when I was looking ad the dried molt I thought it looked like it opened further but didn’t want to break it trying to pry it open. This time while the molt was still wet BINGO. Sure enough.

I kept several years ago.

The smasher have spears too.. in fact it is in the photo, it is just that the right one is closed.

When hand feeding a mantis, even a smasher, it is the spears that are dangerous due to infection if they get you...
 
I kept several years ago.

The smasher have spears too.. in fact it is in the photo, it is just that the right one is closed.

When hand feeding a mantis, even a smasher, it is the spears that are dangerous due to infection if they get you...
Can you tell me why hand feeding would even be a thing? I have tongs and I know how to use them.
 
And with that a name for my mantis!
Welcome Terry Dactyl!
I’ve had some time to rethink the name. I think a better fit is...

TERROR DACTYL

especially after that YouTube video! YIKES!
Any body else got some witty names?
 
And with that a name for my mantis!
Welcome Terry Dactyl!
giphy.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new