SMATFARM 140w (g6) Experince?

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with the Smatfarm g6? Would this be a better or equivalent option to the Noopsyche k7 pro3? Trying to decide which two will go over my reefer 350 as my SBreef light after 9 years is starting to fail.

SmatFarm Light

Noopsyche

taytay_1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smatfarm 95w g5 I believe over my 20g since November and I love it. Can’t compare it to noopsyche but thought I’d input anyways! This was back in December. I personally like the customization and how easy it is to navigate. Only downside I kinda had was not fitting properly on my rimmed tank. I think we had to insert stuff in the clamp so the rim wouldn’t snap. I say you couldn’t go wrong with it! My par for this was 350ish on top and 100 in corners on sand. Middle of sand bed was around 275 I think (settings on max blues/uv and 30% cool white)

IMG_9077.jpeg

OP
OP
ibob991

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smatfarm 95w g5 I believe over my 20g since November and I love it. Can’t compare it to noopsyche but thought I’d input anyways! This was back in December. I personally like the customization and how easy it is to navigate. Only downside I kinda had was not fitting properly on my rimmed tank. I think we had to insert stuff in the clamp so the rim wouldn’t snap. I say you couldn’t go wrong with it! My par for this was 350ish on top and 100 in corners on sand. Middle of sand bed was around 275 I think (settings on max blues/uv and 30% cool white)

IMG_9077.jpeg
I appreciate the feedback and beautiful tank.

michaelzk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used the K7 so I can't give you a comparative review of the two.I recently bought the G6 and I feel it's a great light.I believe the light intensity in both is sufficient for coral growth.Both come with red and green channels for color balancing.I think you should think in terms of price.

OP
OP
ibob991

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used the K7 so I can't give you a comparative review of the two.I recently bought the G6 and I feel it's a great light.I believe the light intensity in both is sufficient for coral growth.Both come with red and green channels for color balancing.I think you should think in terms of price.
Roughly about the same price unfortunately, so it makes the decision a bit harder.

kiwikoxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have the smatfarm 95 watt over my 38 gallon ( 24 inch tall ) And a par meter!

Since I have a taller tank, I place my lights about 2 inch above the water to ensure I reach the sandy bottom.

I don't like their whites so I go mostly Blues and the blues are not that strong. Max out Blues/UV only was about 200-250 few inches down. So my settings right now:

5% White
100% Royal Blues
100% Blues
100% UV
5% Soft whites
25% Greens

My sand bottom PAR 50-80
Mid Tank PAR 100-250
Top: 300+

Spread is about 2 inches out from lights further is barely any par. I was reading 50 PAR 3 inches away from the tank maybe 4 inches down. Increasing the whites will help with the spread for sure. Or increasing the height of the light as well.

I love the timer, you can fully custom the time and how long to dim the lights to max or zero.
I do 9am to 6pm.

They have recommended light schedule for LPS, SPS, MIXED and when I used those, It FRIED my corals lol like WHITE. But I am a nano tank so 80% whites for LPS is way too strong haha.
My Eyes Spongebob GIF

I am still a novice

michaelzk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly about the same price unfortunately, so it makes the decision a bit harder.
If the prices of the two are roughly the same, I suggest buying on Amazon. A competent third party can better guarantee our after-sale rights.

michaelzk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on my experience with SMATFARM, a seller on Amazon, you can usually take reviews with pictures or videos to their official website and try to get a bigger discount from them. lol

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering about this exact light myself, it seems to be a newer model and I don’t read a lot about it. Tagging along.

What happened to SBreef? I realized a little while ago they were just…gone. They made excellent lights and had a god following…also had a new model they hyped up and I don’t think it was ever released

OP
OP
ibob991

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering about this exact light myself, it seems to be a newer model and I don’t read a lot about it. Tagging along.

What happened to SBreef? I realized a little while ago they were just…gone. They made excellent lights and had a god following…also had a new model they hyped up and I don’t think it was ever released
I'm not really sure what happened to SBreef, from what I gather the original owner sold the company around 2022? The Facebook page links to the now non functioning website so I guess he stopped? Light was great with no issues for years, not a single complaint.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not really sure what happened to SBreef, from what I gather the original owner sold the company around 2022? The Facebook page links to the now non functioning website so I guess he stopped? Light was great with no issues for years, not a single complaint.

It’s weird I couldn’t find any announcement of them closing, anyone talking about it, it’s just like they vanished.

Sold? To who? Who bought them and makes the lights? It’s as if someone or some company bought them and paid them to disappear suddenly

OP
OP
ibob991

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s weird I couldn’t find any announcement of them closing, anyone talking about it, it’s just like they vanished.

Sold? To who? Who bought them and makes the lights? It’s as if someone or some company bought them and paid them to disappear suddenly
Very weird indeed, it's an unfortunate loss to the hobby for sure.

OP
OP
ibob991

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to go with the Noops, not much info available on the g6 Smatfarm. Was starting to get a bit overwhelmed as I was seeing people mentioning Viparspectra and also Nicrew as viable options.

Back