Lighting Advice for Innovative Marine 20 Nuvo.

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the SmatFarm G5 from Amazon and do not like the looks of the light. Way to shimmery and hardly any blues IMO. I am back to the hobby after 10 years, so I come from the Metal Halide/T5 Days. I also tried to order the Noopsyche Pro V3 and after 13 days with no shipping or no communciation, I think I am back to the start again. My range is $100-300. What would be my best solution for this tank? I plan to run a mixed reef with some higher intensity corals.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 10 (12" length) that I ran with a single Prime for almost 3 years, and a Nuvo 30L (36" length) that's been running with 3 Primes for over 3 years. I mean, if I had the 24" Nuvo 20, I'd run a pair of Primes. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about lens melt. Keep the fans clean and wipe down the lenses weekly with a damp cloth. You likely won't have to run the lights anywhere near their max to get the PAR you need, even for " higher intensity" coral (I assume you mean SPS?).

The Blade would also be an option, but you would need at least 2, a Grow and a Glow to get a spectrum similar (but still not as good, IMO) to what you'd get with the Primes.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 10 (12" length) that I ran with a single Prime for almost 3 years, and a Nuvo 30L (36" length) that's been running with 3 Primes for over 3 years. I mean, if I had the 24" Nuvo 20, I'd run a pair of Primes. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about lens melt. Keep the fans clean and wipe down the lenses weekly with a damp cloth. You likely won't have to run the lights anywhere near their max to get the PAR you need, even for " higher intensity" coral (I assume you mean SPS?).

The Blade would also be an option, but you would need at least 2, a Grow and a Glow to get a spectrum similar (but still not as good, IMO) to what you'd get with the Primes.
This is what I am leaning towards. 2 Primes. Also considering 1 XR 15 Blue. Torn

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back