Innovative Marine Fusion 2 Pro 20 AIO: Back to the Hobby

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon,

Wanted to introduce myself. I was a avid reefer for 10 years or so before we started having kids. Been out of the hobby for almost 15 years. Just ordered my tank and equipment. It has been a while and looks like a lot has changed since 15 years ago. I have been researching for the last month or so, but if anyone has any tips or tricks it will be greatly appreciated.

I plan to have a mixed reef tank hopefully picked out together with you all to help make my tank thrive and look the best it can.

Here is my equipment list so far:

Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 2 20 Gallon AIO w/APS Pedestal White
Reefi Uno Pro 2.0
Helio 100 watt PTC Smart Heater
2 x Jebao MLW-10
Bubble Magus Mini Q Skimmer
Useek Auto Top Off Unit (Cheap Amazon Brand)
RO/DI iSpring
20 lb Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand
20lb Dry Base Live Rock from Caribsea

I plan to keep 2 Clownfish and maybe one Goby.
Clean up crew to be determined with some more research.
I plan to do a fishless cycle with the help of Dr. Tim's One & Only and his Ammonium Chloride

I want to thank everyone in advance for your help!!!
I plan to post updates consistently throughout my journey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Updated equipment list so far:

Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 2 20 Gallon AIO w/APS Pedestal White
SMATFARM G5 Aquarium Light or Noo-Psyche K7 Pro III. Bought both. Going to decide which one I like.
Helio 100 watt PTC Smart Heater
2 AQQA Wave Maker(Cheap Amazon Brand) Decided to upgrade Jebao MLW-10's. 2 of them.
Bubble Magus Mini Q Skimmer
Useek Auto Top Off Unit (Cheap Amazon Brand)
RO/DI iSpring
20 lb Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand
20lb Dry Base Live Rock from Caribsea

Thinking about ordering the UV Lamp from Innovative Marine. Any one run these successfully?

Also, anything else I need?

Tank is supposed to be here Friday!!!

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is in. Will start cycle tonight once everything clears up.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 48

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far! I'm a big fan of the IM Nuvo tanks, and I've often thought about getting a Nuvo 20, just so I have the "whole set"... The 10, 20 and 30L have all the same basic dimensions, just the 12", 24" and 36" length changes, and I already have the 10 and 30L. :D

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far! I'm a big fan of the IM Nuvo tanks, and I've often thought about getting a Nuvo 20, just so I have the "whole set"... The 10, 20 and 30L have all the same basic dimensions, just the 12", 24" and 36" length changes, and I already have the 10 and 30L. :D
I was torn between this one and the 20 Peninsula. The place I wanted it only will hold a 17in wide tank. So this was about my limit in that spot. I opted for the 20 Nuvo due to getting more filtration area. Not sure that was the right move or not. Only about 15 gallons of actual tank space before rock and sand.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still cycling. Ammonia dropping and nitrates through the roof. Maxed out on my Hanna HR checker and 75+. Turned the moonlight on just to snap a picture.
IMG_3344.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it stalled, all that nitrate has been converted. Do the water change, I think you’re good.
I checked with a Hanna HR Nitrate Checker and it was blinking 75+. I think I am going to do a water change, then wait for ammonia to drop below .25 then go ahead and add some fish.

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your scape! Excited to follow along.

What is your ammonia level before the water change? Have you dosed ammonia more than once and what was your level after the initial dose?

I know that during the early days of the cycle the nitrite can give you really high “false” nitrate readings with some kits. I’m not sure if that is true with the Hanna checkers though. My Hanna never read more than 15.5 nitrates during my cycle but the first time I checked was 8 days after adding ammonia and I’d only done the single dose up to 2ppm.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your scape! Excited to follow along.

What is your ammonia level before the water change? Have you dosed ammonia more than once and what was your level after the initial dose?

I know that during the early days of the cycle the nitrite can give you really high “false” nitrate readings with some kits. I’m not sure if that is true with the Hanna checkers though. My Hanna never read more than 15.5 nitrates during my cycle but the first time I checked was 8 days after adding ammonia and I’d only done the single dose up to 2ppm.
Ammonia is 2PPM according to API. I have dosed the tank 3 times as per Dr. Tims guide. Each time the ammonia had dropped to close to .25. I know they say we dont look at nitrites, but API says my nitrates are off the charts. I checked my nitrates with the Hanna HR checker and it read 75 which is the max of the kit.

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is 2PPM according to API. I have dosed the tank 3 times as per Dr. Tims guide. Each time the ammonia had dropped to close to .25. I know they say we dont look at nitrites, but API says my nitrates are off the charts. I checked my nitrates with the Hanna HR checker and it read 75 which is the max of the kit.
Gotcha. I personally wouldn't dose any more ammonia. Once you get down to 0.25 again with the API kit I'd do a really big water change and consider yourself cycled.

I got one of the Seachem ammonia alert badges for a little extra peace of mind when I started stocking the tank and haven't checked ammonia again.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. I personally wouldn't dose any more ammonia. Once you get down to 0.25 again with the API kit I'd do a really big water change and consider yourself cycled.

I got one of the Seachem ammonia alert badges for a little extra peace of mind when I started stocking the tank and haven't checked ammonia again.
That is my exact plan. Will keep everyone updated.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just checked the ammonia again. So last night it was 2PPM. Just checking it. No water change yet it was .50. So I think we are getting there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back