Innovative Marine Fusion 2 Pro 20 AIO: Back to the Hobby

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Stop dosing ammonia. Ammonia at .25ppm on an API test can be read as 0. If it drops from 2ppm to .25ppm, the .25ppm is just API false positive.

What are your nitrites? If you haves nitrites, the API nitrate test will read artificially high. If you stalled, you stalled at nitrites, not ammonia.

If your API nitrite test is maxed, do a VERY LARGE water change. Chances are whatever nitrites are left will disappear a few days after the water change, and then your nitrate test will start looking normal again.

I've done the Dr Tim's cycle twice following the instructions exactly. Both times I had the nitrite stall. Both times a 50% water change fixed it.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Stop dosing ammonia. Ammonia at .25ppm on an API test can be read as 0. If it drops from 2ppm to .25ppm, the .25ppm is just API false positive.

What are your nitrites? If you haves nitrites, the API nitrate test will read artificially high. If you stalled, you stalled at nitrites, not ammonia.

If your API nitrite test is maxed, do a VERY LARGE water change. Chances are whatever nitrites are left will disappear a few days after the water change, and then your nitrate test will start looking normal again.

I've done the Dr Tim's cycle twice following the instructions exactly. Both times I had the nitrite stall. Both times a 50% water change fixed it.
I believe this is exactly what I am experiencing. Nitrites were reading off the chart. I just did a 30% water change. Will do another one in a few days depending on test results.

Jason Scalise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Updated equipment list so far:

Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 2 20 Gallon AIO w/APS Pedestal White
SMATFARM G5 Aquarium Light or Noo-Psyche K7 Pro III. Bought both. Going to decide which one I like.
Helio 100 watt PTC Smart Heater
2 AQQA Wave Maker(Cheap Amazon Brand) Decided to upgrade Jebao MLW-10's. 2 of them.
Bubble Magus Mini Q Skimmer
Useek Auto Top Off Unit (Cheap Amazon Brand)
RO/DI iSpring
20 lb Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand
20lb Dry Base Live Rock from Caribsea

Thinking about ordering the UV Lamp from Innovative Marine. Any one run these successfully?

Also, anything else I need?

Tank is supposed to be here Friday!!!
Nice setup.
As always, resist the urge to move quickly and rapid changes. Easier said than done.
I have the same tank with what looks like a similar set up.
Build thread here.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup.
As always, resist the urge to move quickly and rapid changes. Easier said than done.
I have the same tank with what looks like a similar set up.
Build thread here.
Your tank looks amazing. I plan to go slow. I am on day 12 of the cycle now. I have never done a fishless cycle before. Always just added some Live rock and took a chance. I feel like I am already doing better than normal.

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Officially 0 Ammonia. Nitrites are down to 2PPM. Nitrates still off the chart. Another 25% water change tonight. Fish should be here Thursday.
Awesome! I would do a few water changes, or a really big one if you’re able, to get nitrates down before your fish arrive.

What fish are you starting with? That was a big moment to me finally having some life in the tank.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I would do a few water changes, or a really big one if you’re able, to get nitrates down before your fish arrive.

What fish are you starting with? That was a big moment to me finally having some life in the tank.
Two orange storm clownfish. I plan to do 5 gallons a day till they get in check.

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah I am getting the Clowfish tomorrow by mail. My plan was 2 Orange Storm Clownfish and a Goby/Pistol Combo. That will be all the fish for a while.
Nice! How big are they? Mine are tiny ha. Mine have also been hiding since I got them; I’ll get little peaks of the goby popping out at feeding time.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the cleaner.
IMG_3410.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done my first testing since the tank has life.

PH- 8.4
Nitrate- 9.7
Phosphate- .02
Calcium- 483
Alkalinity- 8

I guess everything is just about right. I plan to hold off on dosing all for reef until I see some change in the numbers.

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Additions after a slight mixup. Ordered two orange storm clownfish. They arrived dead in the mail. Water was 50 degrees in the bag. Had already told my daughter they were coming so I found these two at a local fish store. One orange storm clownfish and one frostbite. I think I like this mixture better anyway so we can tell them apart. So far so good!!
IMG_3439.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cliftonrouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate and Phosphate are bottoming out. Have a slight brown film on everything. Was running Chemi-Pure Blue. Have taken that out. Should I start dosing Nitrate/phosphate?

1706577576792.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back