Smatfarm g5 95w 3.0 version timer issues

AidansNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought the g5 smatfarm 95w light and everything works perfectly except the timer. I use the Self Def Mode and for some reason it does not change automatically from sunrise->sunlight->sunset->moonlight. i have set the times for the system AND each individual time setting: sunrise, sunset, etc. However when i reselect the mode, it changes to the appropriate lighting i set for that time. For example, my sunset ends at 8:30pm, then it should switch to moonlight right after that but it doesn’t unless i reselect the Self Def mode, once i reselect mode it then changes to moonlight settings. can someone help me figure out why this timer doesn’t auto switch from sunrise->sunset->moonlight etc.???

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reached out to Smartfarm? sound like a software issue?

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having similar issues with my G5 light. The light works fine in manual mode but not when the timer is set. Example, I have sunrise from 3-4pm and sunset from 11pm-12am and moonlight from 12am-3pm. For some strange reason only the moonlights are working when the timer is set and nothing else. This is my second light, I returned the last one cause it was doing the same thing. I’m going to email the company now but so far I think I should have just stuck with the AI Prime HD for my nano.

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what the screen looks like when it’s set but no lights on.

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 40

wrassie86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Did that already and it’s still not working.
Well if your adjusting "Self Def" in mode settings then picking "Self Def" in mode select" than I'm not sure, other than making sure your program is withing same 24hrs, some say there's a bug. also make sure your moonlight times are not overlapping your on times, off times are fine if you like the blue end of night.

Last edited:

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many lights do you have?
Just one. I literally watched every YouTube video and read countless forum threads and still can’t figure this out. I just emailed the company and waiting for a response. The weirdest part is that this is the second light with the same issue lol

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shows LPS mode on your light, are you trying to set that mode?
Yes. That was the last mode I tried. I tried just about all modes just to make sure it wasn’t something with the particular mode.

wrassie86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having similar issues with my G5 light. The light works fine in manual mode but not when the timer is set. Example, I have sunrise from 3-4pm and sunset from 11pm-12am and moonlight from 12am-3pm. For some strange reason only the moonlights are working when the timer is set and nothing else. This is my second light, I returned the last one cause it was doing the same thing. I’m going to email the company now but so far I think I should have just stuck with the AI Prime HD for my nano.
After re reading this, your outside the 24hr period. sunset 11pm to 11.59 should work and axe the moonlights, or you need to rework your clock setting to like 6 hrs ahead and still axe the moon lights all night. I might have said this wrong but play with your actual Clock settings to stay within the same 24hrs

Last edited:

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe you a beer! lol. You were correct! By adjusting the system clock to be at let’s say 2am when it’s actually 5pm allowed me to use all settings including moonlight and staying inside the 24hr period. I can’t thank you enough for your help.

wrassie86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe you a beer! lol. You were correct! By adjusting the system clock to be at let’s say 2am when it’s actually 5pm allowed me to use all settings including moonlight and staying inside the 24hr period. I can’t thank you enough for your help.
Glad to help! I don't really think the moon lights or blue cycle were meant to be used all night, since you have to stay in the 24 hr period that's why default is like 1hr after. I don't use them at all, makes my fish to active at night. But you can make a pretty nice full end of night blue cycle instead of moon lights for an hr or 2.

Last edited:

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought the g5 smatfarm 95w light and everything works perfectly except the timer. I use the Self Def Mode and for some reason it does not change automatically from sunrise->sunlight->sunset->moonlight. i have set the times for the system AND each individual time setting: sunrise, sunset, etc. However when i reselect the mode, it changes to the appropriate lighting i set for that time. For example, my sunset ends at 8:30pm, then it should switch to moonlight right after that but it doesn’t unless i reselect the Self Def mode, once i reselect mode it then changes to moonlight settings. can someone help me figure out why this timer doesn’t auto switch from sunrise->sunset->moonlight etc.???
Maybe the answer to your problem is in the thread?

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

zjaz777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please dm me, my lights are not coming on automatically, I need some help. Please and Thank you, James

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back