SMH never had this happen during shipping....

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just filed a report with UPS for a delivery that was supposed to be delivered at 10:30am. It was already a day late and I had some hope that on day two we could have a miracle happen. After filing the report the hub called me saying the manager saw it stated “live’ so they opened it. She then stated the jelly fish didn’t make it (it was an anemone). In a 100 overnight shipments I have never heard of UPS opening a package and telling me your animal is dead. Do they have the right to open a package and not contact the sender or even buyer? How can they determine if it’s dead also ( okay you probably can tell but still)? I told them about DOA policy from a seller and I usually have to take pics within 2 hours, they had no answer for me. UPS is calling me back at 5pm today since I said I’d talk to the seller and how to proceed.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they do have a right. They also do this on packages that are leaking, they just throw them away however in that case.usuallybwhen they throw it away the y contact the shipper, not the customer.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPS is a mess right now. We just had an internal email go around about it. We have some Next Day Air shipments that were due Monday and still haven't arrived.
I'm definitely going to hold off on placing any livestock orders.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately we as a nation are back to square one or worse on the pandemic, so things are getting worse again like back in March/April. Wouldn’t order any livestock anytime soon!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back