Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk 9.15 (stable)
CA 470
MG 1379
PH 8.2
Nitrates - 12.6
Phosphates - .07

Last night all my corals looked normal. This morning we woke up and the needle in a haystack ( https://www.queencitycorals.com/product/needle-in-a-haystack-acropora-wysiwyg-3/ ) was fully white and the red dragon seems to have bleached.

Yesterday we put an air stone by the return pump to blow microbubbles in an attempt to clean random detritus off the rocks. We also used small turkey basters to blow them clean.

Questions: Did we cause this with one of those actions? What would you do from here?

IMG_9832 Medium.jpeg
IMG_9833 Medium.jpeg

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look really closely for pests? Try a flashlight at night, or get really close somehow to see the surface of the acro. Some can be really small. Just an easy thing to suggest that can't hurt.

OP
OP
vanguard

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you look really closely for pests? Try a flashlight at night, or get really close somehow to see the surface of the acro. Some can be really small. Just an easy thing to suggest that can't hurt.
We did look for pests with a magnifying glass but didn't see anything.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk 9.15 (stable)
CA 470
MG 1379
PH 8.2
Nitrates - 12.6
Phosphates - .07

Last night all my corals looked normal. This morning we woke up and the needle in a haystack ( https://www.queencitycorals.com/product/needle-in-a-haystack-acropora-wysiwyg-3/ ) was fully white and the red dragon seems to have bleached.

Yesterday we put an air stone by the return pump to blow microbubbles in an attempt to clean random detritus off the rocks. We also used small turkey basters to blow them clean.

Questions: Did we cause this with one of those actions? What would you do from here?

IMG_9832 Medium.jpeg
IMG_9833 Medium.jpeg
Watch the areas for the next few days. If they spread, snip them off. If they don't spread, they may grow back.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back