SMUGGLED MY CLOWNFISH ON THE AIRPLANE!

coralfish12g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to startle you guys with the title! But in this video I'll introduce you to my 2 clownfish and how I brought them back with me from FL! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like the vid! Have you guys ever taken any livestock on board an aircraft?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great video! Love the video clips and captions added in. Solid explanations on the questions asked.

I have brought corals on a plane. Oddly enough TSA allows bringing livestock in water at above the normal liquid limitations. I know bc I had to carry coral back on a plane from vacation. I decided honesty was the best route to take, so (after a bunch of research on bringing corals on a domestic flight) I showed them to TSA and explained the situation. They ran a quick test to be sure that the water was actually real water, and then let them through. The guy who did it actually said they prefer fish over coral bc they can see fish swimming around and figure if the liquid isn't killing the fish, it's probably nontoxic. Go figure.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
George, I love your channel and all of your videos but please stop talking like an NPR host. You're an athlete, I know you don't need to breathe 3 times in one sentence. [emoji851]

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, seems like you have a great future ahead of you.

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video! Love the video clips and captions added in. Solid explanations on the questions asked.

I have brought corals on a plane. Oddly enough TSA allows bringing livestock in water at above the normal liquid limitations. I know bc I had to carry coral back on a plane from vacation. I decided honesty was the best route to take, so (after a bunch of research on bringing corals on a domestic flight) I showed them to TSA and explained the situation. They ran a quick test to be sure that the water was actually real water, and then let them through. The guy who did it actually said they prefer fish over coral bc they can see fish swimming around and figure if the liquid isn't killing the fish, it's probably nontoxic. Go figure.
Stick a snail in there with the coral!

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny video George![emoji16]And very good information I never knew. I will have to see the other ones! BTW, I was the guy that you met in Miguel's driveway when you were leaving with your newly acquired MW's that day! Wish I would of known this was going into production so I could sneak in on a pic![emoji12]I try to spend a lot of time around Miguel. He is a wealth of knowledge in the world of marine aquaculture, and the breeding and husbandry of clownfish a la back yard scale, lol! BTW, there are presently many interspecies hybrids of clownfish out there. In cases of occelaris/percula pair, they call them percularis. Some debates have surfaced related to these practices of course. I have had a pair of MW's from Miguel for just over a year now. They just turned 2, and have started to do the dance! Interesting to note, I don't have an anemone in their 29 biocube home, they host several frogspawns and a hammer coral and neither suffers any damage from there frolicking. Here they are, also named, lol, heart(fem), and arrow(male).
0aac15cf89bf7ed3a9f7b5f287ef05fc.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back