White bubble on clownfish fin

PetFriend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've had my 32 gallon saltwater aquarium running for almost two years now. Two cinnamon clowns and three orchid dottybacks. Everyone's been doing good until a couple of weeks to a month ago. Recently one of my dottybacks died due to fin rot so I treated the tank with a week of melafix to prevent any of my other fish from getting the disease. After treatment one of my clownfish has been going up to the surface and gulping for air and I noticed some heavy breathing. I wasn't sure what was wrong with him because he was the only fish with this type of behavior. I checked my other fish to see if their breathing rates were normal and they all seemed to be breathing a bit more rapidly, so I added an air stone to the tank. When I turned it on however, I saw some of the fish seemed to increase their heaving breathing so I shut it off.

My clownfish has been hanging around near the surface of the water for some time now and I'm getting worried. He has continued his heaving breathing even though the rest of the fish seem to be doing okay. I have looked up possible parasites, problems with water in the tank and diseases that may cause this. My clown also has other symptoms too. He has a white bubble on his left pectoral fin and it seems to have grown in size the past few days. Its not at all fuzzy as I know some fungal infections are. I've read many other forums and researched for hours online and I haven't been able to learn what this is. He also has almost dirt-like brown stuff on the edges of his eyes that I'm not sure of either. Just started swimming on his side yesterday which isn't a good sign. Its not all the time but still...

I also don't know if there's possibly too much oxygen? Or the opposite which is too little. I have noticed that when I put the saltwater in the tank during water changes there's white floaties. Probably just undissolved salt. I'm making sure to check water levels often and keep things stable. Everyone's eating okay too. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Here's a photo and a video:

mY9yh0gHr2AIPOfm8aYA6qVKQG0h_OaGvF88beFQFvkO5JlPn2DkWyC_AyhKPVIV36qg44YW3sBhUql9LTZADCay4y1274OFlGYxIq98Mxaq8s6Ilw-L_WLs4Xx4oSG__Y96uVkd-Y_sSf12WZlmXLg
MAOIN8QAMGg7Otz6Vyi_QEupFRiki7sgAPAvSVmu9QSFl6YIhIDLD5l3XBcq8w6p7c8ci_xIw6GdKv8PdugGtDpJths38YVhfzhg7OZm3w8fqoGW1seUcKDYCsyTAkMLJDUyiy70dtkJ4NmOk0KN0lo

For the link hopefully you can just copy and paste it in the search bar.

OP
OP
P

PetFriend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heres another video. Same day, problem seemed to progress. It looks like he's got fin/tail rot or brooklynella?
I'll give access to the video if requested. Please provide guidance on what I should do.

Thanks

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back