Snail has growth? or something else

  • Thread starter Thread starter JVH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JVH

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
584
Reaction score
72
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 68 g established mixed reef tank. I have a turbo snail on the glass yesterday and I noticed little black cone shapes (I thought was baby snails) stuck to the outer shell. there were about 4. It looks exactly like a tiny cone snail but it does not come off. Its like a growth. Its hard. I removed him to the sump until I know its not sick. Examined him closer under a light and it does not come off. All other snails are ok.. Any thought? I will try to post a pic if nobody had an idea by my description.

Thanks
Judith
 
Thanks! Ive seen the hitchhiker link. It dosent look like Vermitid snail. It literally looks like a tiny hard black growth in the shape of a cone. Will try to post a pic when I get home.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new