Snail ID

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
99
Reaction score
55
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me identify this guy? It was buried in the sand when I got it. I was told it’s a horse conch or fighting Conch maybe.
7E77DAAF-BDFA-42B3-BF3C-BF8D82B60F68.jpeg
 
Definitely not a horse conch. Fighting conch looks about right from what I can see, but some top-down and side shots are generally helpful for snail ID.
I’ll grab a couple more photos when I get home . Glad it’s not a horse conch
 
Where did you get it?
My fish store. A new gal was working and said it was a horse conch and would clean detritus , when I got home I googled horse conch and was like uh oh, but then it didn’t look like one so I figured I’d get some opinions. If need be I’ll trade it back.
 
Definitely not a horse conch. Fighting conch looks about right from what I can see, but some top-down and side shots are generally helpful for snail ID.
Good I was worried as soon as I read they are not great to get, haha
 
Good I was worried as soon as I read they are not great to get, haha
Yeah, you might want to clue in the LFS owner that his employees are giving bad info, lol
 
Well so much for more photos, I have yet to see the snail since I put it in the tank, it’s in stealth mode
 
Well so much for more photos, I have yet to see the snail since I put it in the tank, it’s in stealth mode
They bury themselves. Mine is out mostly when lights are out or early morning and late night when lights are dimmer.
Checked the ReefCleaners site. They sell conchs for cuc use. Looks like a fighting conch to me. I had one when I first started reefing. Had to refresh my memory.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new