Snail Identification... Is it a Bladder Snail?

Fugie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
Tampa, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these snail hitchhikers replicating in my newish aquarium. Their identity is a mystery to me and was hoping someone would be able to inform me.

They kind of look like bladder snails but those are a freshwater species as far as I know.

PXL_20230322_232439407.MP.jpg
PXL_20230322_232456398.jpg
 
I'm struggling to make out what the snail actually looks like from the pics (the color of the snail is doing a good job of camouflaging it to my eyes), but I'd look up Stomatella snails and see if they look similar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new