Snail out of Shell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rigoberto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rigoberto

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2022
Messages
71
Reaction score
84
Location
North Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not think this was possible, but a snail in my tank appears to have left the shell. There is an empty "mexican turbo" shell a few inches from this critter. Has anyone seen something like this before?

PXL_20260921_131250837.jpg
 
I did not think this was possible, but a snail in my tank appears to have left the shell. There is an empty "mexican turbo" shell a few inches from this critter. Has anyone seen something like this before?

PXL_20260921_131250837.jpg
No but it won’t last long . It’s basically fish food now .
 
Wow, that is something from an alien movie !

These turbo snails i tell ya... they are crazy !
Mine decided to crawl out of the sump one day who know how long til i found and put him back.
 
It nakey 🫣
 
Miss Piggy Pig GIF by Eisbären Berlin
 
I'm guessing you have hermits? I've seen them rip the shell off of snails plenty but never seen a snail live for any length of time after.
 
That’s wild, did you get any other pictures? I just.. can’t look away. But actually, did you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new