Snail Shenanigans

mhaley98

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2023
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had one massive nassarius snail for about 4 months now, and recently decided to add 2 additional smaller ones to my 15 gallon. I’ve noticed that they have been laying eggs like crazy and thought it was just the two smaller snails that were mating, but then came home to this today…. As you can see, my large nassairus had put out an extra "snorkel", and my smaller female can be seen running away. The second photo was what came to mind immediately upon seeing this scenario and wanted to share with you all :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: (My apologies for the photo quality, as I had actually taken a video and can’t post it, so I took a screen shot of the video instead)

387335850_1138042634267375_4329870833491212353_n.jpg 352287783_3149735758659616_3361420449609253440_n.jpg
 
I’ve had one massive nassarius snail for about 4 months now, and recently decided to add 2 additional smaller ones to my 15 gallon. I’ve noticed that they have been laying eggs like crazy and thought it was just the two smaller snails that were mating, but then came home to this today…. As you can see, my large nassairus had put out an extra "snorkel", and my smaller female can be seen running away. The second photo was what came to mind immediately upon seeing this scenario and wanted to share with you all :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: (My apologies for the photo quality, as I had actually taken a video and can’t post it, so I took a screen shot of the video instead)

387335850_1138042634267375_4329870833491212353_n.jpg 352287783_3149735758659616_3361420449609253440_n.jpg
Lol.. Definitely some crazy shenanigans
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new