Snail starving?

  • Thread starter Thread starter purpfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

purpfish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2024
Messages
676
Reaction score
579
Location
idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added two trochus snails but they are not interested in the rock at all and are staying on the glass where there is very little to no algae. I tried to get one off and put it on the rock but it was stuck really good. will they find the algae on their own?
IMG_0211.jpeg
 
Don't try to pull them off the surface they're on. That could be very damaging to them.

As long as there is algae in the tank that is suitable for them to eat they will find it.
 
Upvote 0
Don't try to pull them off the surface they're on. That could be very damaging to them.

As long as there is algae in the tank that is suitable for them to eat they will find it.
Alright good to know lfs guy said it was fine but I will not mess with them anymore
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new