Snail Survival Poll

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Logzor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Which snails that you've owned live for at least 1 year?


  • Total voters
    23
All of them. I still have a nerite I brought over from Texas in 2004. I have snails from Reefcleaners I bought 6-7 years ago and another bunch I know I bought 5 years ago.
 
Actually those "ninja star" ones, I think some sort of astrea, I can't keep those alive very long.
 
Banded Torch Snails have been the hardiest and they reproduce . I just noticed about 10 babies in my sump.
 
Yep the Trochus are awesome, I see mine "spawning" but I've never seen babies. In a friend tank that is relatively new, I see tons of baby trochus.
 
A few pictures of the Lil mugs

20151209_222137.jpg


20151209_221843.jpg
 
Trochus are favorites, especially since they can right themselves if tipped over and I've had them reproduce in my tank.
 
Stomatellas are great they readily reproduce in my refugium and have the glass pretty clean. One warning though, they can end up anywhere in your system!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new