Snails keep dying

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my snails keep dying all types have no clue why all water test good . Just ordered 100 new ones order 15 last week 3 different kinds they died too. If I have to I will cancel order have some really dirty sand maybe they are eating something bad I don't know. Any ideas

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters ?
How are you acclimating them ?

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All parameters are perfect and drip acclimating them for 1.5 hours the ones I had for a year died and any new ones I put in dye

DannY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem, not all die but more then half do, no food = death. I had algae blooms and that’s when I stock up, super healthy at first then it clears up and then boom. They don’t all die but I know it’s due to that because it’s happen a few times. Only had algae blooms about twice in both tanks since I had them. I know snails eat algae and clean but they do still need food!

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing alot of water changes recently due to cyno and use red sea coral pro salt so magnesium is like 1600 so that's the only high thing I got. I read high magnesium can cause snail death

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a uv sterilizer haven't had a algae bloom since I got it something else is going on maybe carbon gfo reactors?

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is perfect....good luck
Calcium was low 300 and magnesium was high 1600 causing snails to die they need the magnesium and calcium to represent each other for shell growth there body's grow fast but there shells don't causing them to die I figured it out without your help maybe you guys will take this into consideration

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone always blames everything on high nitrates but that is easy to keep in check as long as your not lazy.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel like typing them in they are perfect
Calcium was low 300 and magnesium was high 1600........I figured it out without your help maybe you guys will take this into consideration
Not so perfect afterall.
Don't be salty. If you had posted your parameters like you were asked, you would have received the help you were looking for.

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think I would've got the answer I needed but I'm beginning to learn alot on my own and this website has helped me with that alot . Have posted perimeters so many times with no answer. When I posted the original post it calcium was 375 and magnesium was 1500 it's not really perfect but wasn't worth posting.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium was low 300 and magnesium was high 1600 causing snails to die they need the magnesium and calcium to represent each other for shell growth there body's grow fast but there shells don't causing them to die I figured it out without your help maybe you guys will take this into consideration
Maybe stop being so ignorant. You always want to prove a point or start an argument every time you create a thread. You can ask a question and want answers but as soon as we ask you questions you don’t want to answer.

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you know that about me I'm sorry but I'm a massive d word I really don't mean to be that way it's just the way I am. Alot of people say that about me my girlfriend cried for about a year until she realized who I was now she dosen't care

OP
OP
F

FRANK GRAZIANO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this and keep it super close to it I only post when it's not that

15557271206126200700298403192067.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you permaterers always drives me crazy.
Because thats a good stating point. Its not that difficult to post the numbers. You know its going to be asked why not post them with question.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back