Snails MATING?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Messages
1,722
Reaction score
1,272
Location
Planet Earth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past 4 days or so, two of my astrea snails have been all up on each other everywhere they go. I haven’t seen them separated from each other since. They sleep together, eat algae on the glass, etc.
This is them ATM:
0DE111BF-322B-4A03-8101-50D7A478F9D0.jpeg
image.jpg

I also see something below the bottom snail that I don’t know what it is. Not algae because it’s just there. Tell me what you think. Are they mating?
 
For the past 4 days or so, two of my astrea snails have been all up on each other everywhere they go. I haven’t seen them separated from each other since. They sleep together, eat algae on the glass, etc.
This is them ATM:
0DE111BF-322B-4A03-8101-50D7A478F9D0.jpeg
image.jpg

I also see something below the bottom snail that I don’t know what it is. Not algae because it’s just there. Tell me what you think. Are they mating?
From what I know all snails spawn through broadcast mating not touching.
 
Yeah I read and it said that they release eggs in the water and make it cloudy so they may just be pestering one another.
My snails climb all over each other all the time.

Sometimes they eat algae on each others shells.

Hermits do the same thing lol. It's fun to see though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new