Snails That Breed Well in a Nano?

MyFirstCar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Messages
251
Reaction score
175
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a 20g nano, and not enough CUC. I have a couple hermits that love to eat snails, and are working their way through my snail population. I'm re-stocking, but is there a snail type that can breed really quickly in a tank, and I can have a semi-self sustaining population?
 
Last edited:
I think you would have better results by removing the crabs because they are more likely to eat the smaller snails if you have luck finding some prolific breeders in your tank.
 
My Trochus snails are breeding like crazy. I started with 6 adults that spawn ~monthly. I now have 100’s of babies, and 30 or so juveniles that have grown to dime/nickel size in the past few months.

Granted, my tank is also basically an algae farm, so there’s plenty of food of all sizes for them. We’ll see what happens when I finally defeat my algae infestation.

Tank is 60g. Been running 8 months or so. They started breeding a few months in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new