Snails

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the “ugly phase” of my tank so am ready to introduce some clean up crew. I am hoping to get a cleaner shrimp and hermit crab, but I was also told to get some Cerith snails. The only problem I have is that I don’t know much about snails and don’t have a very good experience with them. I bought some for my freshwater tank and one on it’s own had about 200 baby’s and they were everywhere, so I was wondering if I got about 5 Cerith snails would I end up with loads of babies everywhere ? Also any other clean up crew to reccommend would be appreciated ?
Thanks.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the “ugly phase” of my tank so am ready to introduce some clean up crew. I am hoping to get a cleaner shrimp and hermit crab, but I was also told to get some Cerith snails. The only problem I have is that I don’t know much about snails and don’t have a very good experience with them. I bought some for my freshwater tank and one on it’s own had about 200 baby’s and they were everywhere, so I was wondering if I got about 5 Cerith snails would I end up with loads of babies everywhere ? Also any other clean up crew to reccommend would be appreciated ?
Thanks.
Yes do exactly the same as your freshwater... the more snails the more cuc for free

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Research 'ugly phase' lots of this on how to battle with it... snails and cuc is bottom in my opinion

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeh but there were loads and I don’t want loads because they were a big eye soar and I couldn’t get rid of them.
The larger ceriths rarely, if ever, reproduce in the tank. They lay eggs, but they get eaten before they hatch (or the babies get eaten right after they hatch, but either way, you won't be overrun with snails.). Some people have had experiences with the tiny ceriths reproducing, but I've never had that happen either...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back