snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carl C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Carl C

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2018
Messages
327
Reaction score
204
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got some more snails, a variety pack and some are really small guys who immediately hit the glass and climb to the water surface, is this for breathing ? i have been knocking them back into the water (but don't want to kill them if this is source of oxygen) ty
 
I mean, only if they aren't marine snails.
FYI, some snails can and will escape your tank. I've had multiple tanks where I woke up in the morning and found snails taking a cruise across my tile. I just plop them back in the tank.
But, to answer your question, no, they aren't going to the top to breathe. Some of my snails will go above the waterline during the day and then back down at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new