OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I got mine from before he shut down. My hadn't gotten the blue tips yet but body is showing pink for now. This is under Radions though... I plan to move it in my display under T5s with a more 12k-14k light and see if it gets to form under those lights.
snipersbubblegummille (1 of 1).jpg
Hm, hate to say it but I dont think that's snipers bubblegum. I've never seen one with turquoise polyps.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, hate to say it but I dont think that's snipers bubblegum. I've never seen one with turquoise polyps.
Thanks Johnny! I don't judge anything until it leaves the frag stage and I see new growth. I got it from Boomcorals and everything I got there has been on point.

The lighting has changed recently too last month to Radions. It was under my Ocean Revive leds prior to that in my frag tank.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the picture! Oh, is this not Matt anymore?

Nope. Matt took another job and had to move and sold out of the business.

Now you’re stuck with me. I like to grow coral, but don’t work from home like Matt so shipping is bit trickier. But I’m giving it a shot! So far everyone has been very welcoming and accommodating.

Quinn

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now you’re stuck with me. I like to grow coral, but don’t work from home like Matt so shipping is bit trickier. But I’m giving it a shot! So far everyone has been very welcoming and accommodating.

Quinn
Wonderful Quinn! That's exciting!

He got a lot of stock from you anyways so nice to get them straight from the source. I saw your bloody Mary stag and told him, I must have a piece of that!

OP
OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Johnny! I don't judge anything until it leaves the frag stage and I see new growth. I got it from Boomcorals and everything I got there has been on point.

The lighting has changed recently too last month to Radions. It was under my Ocean Revive leds prior to that in my frag tank.

Well we will find out soon enough, although I'm not sure we will ever see those polyps again once it's in the display!

OP
OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Quinn
So did you just set up a bunch of tanks in your basement and buy all of his colonies?

OP
OP
BigJohnny

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did you just set up a bunch of tanks in your basement and buy all of his colonies?

No. I did buy a couple frags from him before he had his crash but only a few. The majority of the corals he was selling originally came from me. I was selling them to him and he’d resell. As he progressed he needed less from me and could supply from his own colonies. I already have lots of tanks setup but I did buy a couple more to handle frag staging before shipping.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they look legit in that thread but nothing like Tys frag imo. I've never seen red polyps look turquoise, or vice versa, under any lighting.
Johnny, you've inspired me to move the frag to the display tonight. [emoji6]

I'll see everyone in a couple months. Place your bets everyone. [emoji16]

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we will find out soon enough, although I'm not sure we will ever see those polyps again once it's in the display!
'Tis true! dang angels! [emoji23]

Oddly, the last month I've seen more polyps out than I've had since I've started kepping angels. Either the acros are getting used to it or the angels finally realized they aren't getting anything and stopped. Who knows!?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom is out of business? When did this happen?
Got a big promotion and had to move so he sold the business to Quinn, who was supplying him a lot of his corals in the beginning anyways. I think it was roughly a month or so ago.

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, beautiful piece. I'm sorry you lost it. Interesting I've never heard it described as deep red but you appear to be correct based on this old pic I just found from Hugo aka snipersps. I saw the pic before but it was supposedly just of a "bubblegum milli" found by some guy named hugo, so I didnt know it was one in the same until I figured out he was snipersps.

Adam's description says metallic pink and purple but his has probably morphed over the 8+ years hes had it or it's under really high par or something. I've seen many peoples blue corals look purple and vice versa. The other pic said it was snipers so maybe hes running zeo and pastelled it out? Or it's just another bubblegum like you said, the polyps look much paler but again not sure if zeospur or whatever can do that.

Thanks for posting, I'm excited to get mine.
22440154aba58e0713995321331ba05d.jpg

Wow good memories on this pic I still remember my colony with really nice colors pink metallic and purple and nice tip color very nice .

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back