Snowcone Prostrata - Who has one?

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine is lineage too. I have mine high light, high flow. I get a green growth rim, but because of the high light it is not green/peach in the middle. Nothing but hot, bright magenta, and glowing blue tips.

spsboss

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find these to be slow growers I have had mine a little less then a year and it grows slow but I have branches and all growing out if, just the encrusting part is a little on the slow side. Also recived mine from rmf

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is from RMF too and all it seems to do is encrust. It has sprouted some new base tips but the main branch is almost the same size bit it has encrusted 4 or 5" across in under a year. It is under 8 bulb t5 lighting and about 14" from an mp40 pointing almost directly at it. That may be why mine is securing its base before branching too much.

Do you find these to be slow growers I have had mine a little less then a year and it grows slow but I have branches and all growing out if, just the encrusting part is a little on the slow side. Also recived mine from rmf

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Trevor's, mine is from RMF also, I do find it to be a very slow grower. It likes to build a really thick base (vertically) and shoots out nubs here and there. I will post a picture when I am able to take a top down shot.

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is growing quite well. I placed it into a frag rack, and in no time it had encrusted onto the rack, and also grew upward. It is now a permanent part of the rack. I got a SOTR the same day I got the Snowcone, and it is still small in comparison. The Snowcone is at least 5x the size it was when I got it. In fact, I fragged it last night. I am looking forward to growing a new one out.

jverna1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag from RMF about 9 months ago and it is the slowest growing acro that I have (accept for maybe my rommels rainbow milli). It has only encrusted down with no vertical growth. It definitly has some unbelievable polyp extension though so much you can hardly see the inner deep red body.

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Trevor's, mine is from RMF also, I do find it to be a very slow grower. It likes to build a really thick base (vertically) and shoots out nubs here and there. I will post a picture when I am able to take a top down shot.

I would love to see a pic of your mini colony

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's bump this up for some fresh photos-I too got mine from Jared at RMF and after 2 years its developed into a nice little piece. I've been waiting for the day I could add it to my display and this last weekend was that day (I had to wait since I replaced my old tank)

I'll post a pic later (I've also got the SnipersBGM, different looking acro in my tank, more along the lines of what sportzfish wrote)

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you ask because I just picked up a frag last week from Utah. I’m in FL. I had this years ago but finally got a new frag

E9B78BCF-7BED-4568-9E57-2A41CB59B0A1.jpeg

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine under around 400 PAR for 7 hours and then true actinic t5 for 10 hours total. It's in the center of my tank and getting a lot of random flow. I am hoping it turns out to be a gem.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back