Snowflake and false percula clownfish breeding. how to protect eggs in hope they hatch?

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my snowflake and false percula clowns are mating and its was an unintentional breed and am interested to see how it works out. but i want to harvest the eggs but have no clue what to do. its in a tank with some pretty nasty fish species that like being absurdly aggressive. i have noticed the snowflake also the smaller one being aggessive to any fish that is smaller than it. which is none except for the other fp that was a pair that the snowflake took over. anyhow i want to keep them in hopes they come out as beautiful clownfish but i have no idea how. all help is appreciated

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dated you should read Joyce Wilkinson's clownfish. Successfully raising clownfish fry takes practice. There is a ton of information on raising clownfish on the web.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dated you should read Joyce Wilkinson's clownfish. Successfully raising clownfish fry takes practice. There is a ton of information on raising clownfish on the web.
thanks for the tip. ill check it out.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back