Snowflake and false percula clownfish breeding. how to protect eggs in hope they hatch?

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my snowflake and false percula clowns are mating and its was an unintentional breed and am interested to see how it works out. but i want to harvest the eggs but have no clue what to do. its in a tank with some pretty nasty fish species that like being absurdly aggressive. i have noticed the snowflake also the smaller one being aggessive to any fish that is smaller than it. which is none except for the other fp that was a pair that the snowflake took over. anyhow i want to keep them in hopes they come out as beautiful clownfish but i have no idea how. all help is appreciated

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dated you should read Joyce Wilkinson's clownfish. Successfully raising clownfish fry takes practice. There is a ton of information on raising clownfish on the web.

OP
OP
Coral Storm

Coral Storm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While dated you should read Joyce Wilkinson's clownfish. Successfully raising clownfish fry takes practice. There is a ton of information on raising clownfish on the web.
thanks for the tip. ill check it out.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back