Snowflake Eel and Blue Spotted Jawfish?

buttonreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have had an aqua cultured BSJ for many months now. Huge personality, super active, ravenous eater, peaceful to others- he’s the whole package. I’m upgrading the tank he’s in to a 125g and I was curious if a snowflake eel (specifically) or another large bottom dweller like that would harm him? I’m guessing yes, and not to risk it- but definitely curious anyway.
TIA!!

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snowflake bothered nobody including some yellow-tail damsels that could have fit in it's mouth. Did eventually consume my large scarlet hermit when apparently it had outgrown its shell. In the end. Fish are like people. Never really know how one might behave. Have never heard of snowflakes being predators in tanks but perhaps others might have.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I have had an aqua cultured BSJ for many months now. Huge personality, super active, ravenous eater, peaceful to others- he’s the whole package. I’m upgrading the tank he’s in to a 125g and I was curious if a snowflake eel (specifically) or another large bottom dweller like that would harm him? I’m guessing yes, and not to risk it- but definitely curious anyway.
TIA!!
My snowflake is a very sweet girl. She doesnt bother anyone, including my hermits. I have fish that swim right next to her face and she just pays them no attention and she is a bebbletooth eel. Now my jeweled eel would probably eat it since he is a fang tooth. Depends on your eel though and key is to keep them well fed! My snowflake is very docile and just a nice eel and never bothered smaller fish.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflakes eat crustaceans in the wild so as long as he is kept well fed you "should" be ok lol. Like any other saltwater fish it depends on the individual.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't do it, eventually snowflake will eat it , even well fed and with large peps in tank still started eating 3" clowns
have pics to prove it ,wish I would took video , lived in sump after that until found new home...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back