Snowflake eel and harlequin shrimp

Lucafish101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a small Harlequin shrimp and haven’t put it in the tank yet because I’m worried that the snowflake eel will eat it. should I be worried?

Trunalimunumapruzre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone pulled this off? I gotta imagine a large shrimp with a small eel can be compatible for long enough for the eel to stick to the feedings we give

cd459

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would want it the other way around. Eel as large as possible, and hope the eel doesn't notice the shrimp.

Unless the tank is big with lots of hiding spaces for the shrimp, snowflake will prob find and eat it

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen snowflakes coexist with cleaner shrimp but even that is a gamble. I'd say the harlequin would be a goner

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small snowflake, 6" long about the diameter of my index finger. it took apart a lobster that was bigger than your harlie is and the lobster had bigger claws than your harlie. (I had a harlie)
bad idea.

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small snowflake, 6" long about the diameter of my index finger. it took apart a lobster that was bigger than your harlie is and the lobster had bigger claws than your harlie. (I had a harlie)
bad idea.
That eel has expensive taste. Did he take it over to a side of the tank and dip it in melted butter?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That eel has expensive taste. Did he take it over to a side of the tank and dip it in melted butter?
my stoner roomie at the time named it Larry the lobster.
I got home from work that night and he sez "Larry is just a shell of his former self." ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back