Snowflake eel died

  • Thread starter Thread starter merlberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
155
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I've had my snowflake eel frm pretty small for maybe 9/10 months. It grew very fast and was eating almost every 2 days, either shrimp or clam strips. My tank is established and had it for a few yrs now. She stop eating about a week ago but didnt think much of it then a few days ago it kept twitching hard and was entirely out for most of the day which never happens. She only comes out when she's hungry and swims around the tank. Now she is dead. Does anyone have any idea what could of went wrong? I do plan on getting another one later on, dnt want to make the same mistake if it was my fault :/.

dddc89682bf7e67fd3b5e6b4c62eb66b.jpg
 
Must be the week for snowflakes...I found mine on the floor last night :( Somehow managed to push the artfully acrylic lid up and get out.
 
Something similar happened to my snowflake a few years ago. Never figured out what it was. I remember mine had what look like a spasm and it would spin seemingly uncontrollably. It went on for about a week before it died. I concluded maybe a rock had fallen on its head, which seems pretty unlikely but idk...weird.
 
Turns out mine is water parameters, after months of smooth sailing. Doing emergency water change
 
Both. 2 water changes and starting prazi for the fish. She's out but not eating yet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new