Snowing in my tank

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested and my calcium, mag and KH were a little low. Calcium was 380, mag 1275 and KH 7.9 so I dosed my Reef Fusion 2 part system. I waited 5 minutes between dosing the two solutions, but as soon as I poured in the part 2 (raises carbonate alkalinity) it looked like it instantly turned into milky crystals and I've had this stuff floating around in my tank ever since. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I can think of is you need to wait longer between dosing the two. If they aren't fully mixed before interacting with each other they do just that. Precipitate.

Also make sure you are dosing into a high flow area.

OP
OP
Kimberely

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I can think of is you need to wait longer between dosing the two. If they aren't fully mixed before interacting with each other they do just that. Precipitate.

Also make sure you are dosing into a high flow area.
Thanks. Maybe I'll start dosing the part one and then dose part 2 the next day, instead of dosing both on the same day. In the meantime, any suggestions on how to get the specks out? It looks terrible and it's been this way for a week.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Maybe I'll start dosing the part one and then dose part 2 the next day, instead of dosing both on the same day. In the meantime, any suggestions on how to get the specks out? It looks terrible and it's been this way for a week.

Water change is probably the go to for most people.

If you have a sump with a filter sock you can siphon it into your filter sock and let that deal with it. Similarly with a filter pad.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back