So I killed this...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
104
Location
Duluth, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a montipora an unfortunately think I killed it, it turned brown. So I put it in 150 ish par to start and medium flow before I order another one where should I put a second one if I order again? I have a par meter and a few options for placement, all other corals LPS and SPS are doing good and growing.
Screenshot 2025-02-21 085854.png
 
Need more information about your tank as well.
 
brown is not dead, it usually indicates low lighting, or high nutrients, but its not dead and can regain its color. 150 par for monti is too low IMO, would have better results with 250+. Monti's also prefer higher flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new