So is this a record? Amazing growth pics inside!

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
526
Reaction score
820
Location
Brevard County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this clam a while ago and over the last two months and 4 days it has grown learly double in size from 2 to 4 inches with an inch of new growth all around the shell. Is this a record?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5W4CKxCFjsP56fvy5
Test results here.

 
no formalised clam growth records that I'm aware of so I can't comment on it being a record but its certainly impressive
 
no formalised clam growth records that I'm aware of so I can't comment on it being a record but its certainly impressive
dang, we should start documenting growth. I think this clam grew more than the gigas ones who are supposed to grow fast.
 
I should also mention that I feed reef roids and benepets reef food as well as seachem trace and reef plus as well as BRS 2 part.
 
Amazing growth on that clam! growth spurts are not necessarily uncommon, mine did something similar recently..

C4D5AF47-EB9B-444A-9FBF-DD0F207DBF34.png
 
It was around 1.5" when I got it. The growth seems to be dramatically speeding up, the 1st month was fast but it's really putting down a lot of shell now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new