SO MANY ASPHYXIATED REEFERS OUT THERE!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easy to spot a library, it’s the big building in the middle of your city that will look much older than all of the other building and you will never see anyone go in or out of it. If you come to the one in my city they won’t have books about saltwater fish because I checked the books out and then never returned them. I wonder what the late fee is on books that were checked out 25 years ago?

Ironically my city has been doing some huge project to upgrade the library building to make it modern…at the tax payers expense of course.
For me it wasn’t the library late fees…. man if blockbuster or Columbia house ever find me….I think those fees would be like the old National debt billboard ticker

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it wasn’t the library late fees…. man if blockbuster or Columbia house ever find me….I think those fees would be like the old National debt billboard ticker
My hope is that sometime before I die I can return the books and them be late enough that it makes the news. Hopefully I’ll live another 25 years and I can return them then at only 50 years late. I still know where the books are, assuming they didn’t get destroyed in a tote in my attic.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It’s easy to spot a library, it’s the big building in the middle of your city that will look much older than all of the other building and you will never see anyone go in or out of it. If you come to the one in my city they won’t have books about saltwater fish because I checked the books out and then never returned them. I wonder what the late fee is on books that were checked out 25 years ago?

Ironically my city has been doing some huge project to upgrade the library building to make it modern…at the tax payers expense of course.
I’ve said it Before and I’ll say it again,

You are the best!

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hope is that sometime before I die I can return the books and them be late enough that it makes the news. Hopefully I’ll live another 25 years and I can return them them at only 50 years late. I still know where the books are, assuming they didn’t get destroyed in a tote in my attic.
There was a news story not that long ago. I don’t remember how late it was exactly, but it was many years. It was some obscure book that no one ever asked to check out so it went unnoticed. I just hope that when you do return it in 25 years that there is still a library and they still have books. Who knows what comes after digital and internet. Some day soon, someone will be telling the grandkids about getting info from forums on the internet…..eyes will glaze over and they’ll ask what’s an internet?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a news story but that long ago. I don’t remember how late it was exactly, but it was many years. It was some obscure book that no one ever asked to check out so it went unnoticed. I just hope that when you do return it in 25 years that there is still a library and they still have books. Who knows what comes after digital and internet. Some day soon, someone will be telling the grandkids about getting info from forums on the internet…..eyes will glaze over and they’ll ask what’s an internet?
I would argue that public libraries should already be gone, and there definitely shouldn’t still be a public library in 25 years but if I were betting I’d say there probably will be.

Also, I just looked it up and apparently our county removed fees on late books at the beginning of this year. Something about it put an unfair burden kids, teens, and low income families. I think it’s funny they think teenagers are checking out books from the library.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would argue that public libraries should already be gone, and there definitely shouldn’t still be a public library in 25 years but if I were betting I’d say there probably will be.

Also, I just looked it up and apparently our county removed fees on late books at the beginning of this year. Something about it put an unfair burden kids, teens, and low income families. I think it’s funny they think teenagers are checking out books from the library.
Man this rubs me the wrong way. You joke about not paying late fees and not returning books but then dig at the public funding. Have you been to your library recently? I was just at ours and it was fairly busy. I can’t tell how much of this coming from you is tongue in cheek but maybe check it? Lots of people other than teenagers use the library (though I did see a few groups of them at the library studying today).

On the blue note, I only started in 2010 though a roomie in college had a small tank in early 2000s. All I know is blue!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ah. That place. The one with the internet for homeless people. Got it. Teb fishkeeping section in mine is weak sauce.
So you're the reason blockbuster shuttered.

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scotty to Capt Kirk,
I canna get any whiter than this Capt.
IMG_1230.jpeg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Scotty to Capt Kirk,
IMG_1230.jpeg
Dang that is white! It’s a Bygone look but I do still like it. Thanks for posting. And one thing is for sure, actual blue corals never look better than when under whites.

We are definitely seeing less and less decent looking blues, coming in.

Full circle here as far as the topic at hand. But it should be said, blue corals don’t look so great in blue lighting. In fact, they look kind of horrible. Reds can be really muted as well. So it’s not really much of a surprise that were not seeing as many, as say metallic orange/yellow. Again it’s just the direction the hobby is in.

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scotty to Capt Kirk,
IMG_1230.jpeg
Or blue
IMG_1239.jpeg

Dang that is white! It’s a Bygone look but I do still like it. Thanks for posting. And one thing is for sure, actual blue corals never look better than when under whites.

We are definitely seeing less and less decent looking blues, coming in.

Full circle here as far as the topic at hand. But it should be said, blue corals don’t look so great in blue lighting. In fact, they look kind of horrible. Reds can be really muted as well. So it’s not really much of a surprise that were not seeing as many, as say metallic orange/yellow. Again it’s just the direction the hobby is in.
i agree. The blue and red corals really shine under whites

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Even a decade ago, it was $5 per head for hammer, colonies at $30-40-$50 AND NOW THATS A PRICE FOR A FRAG.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back