So many different algae in such a small tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter reeferab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reeferab

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Messages
49
Reaction score
25
Location
london
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - I’m sharing my 13.5 gallon / 52L Fluval Evo. It’s coming up to be almost 5 months old (set up 31 May 2025).

You’ll see from the photos the tank looks like it’s gone through (and still going) quite a bit in this short time.

Mostly I’d like you to play a game of “spot the different types of algae/bacteria”. I seem to have a very good mix in this little space.

Whilst I’m not overjoyed about all the issues, it has been a great learning experience and I’m staying positive and now making small gradual changes to move things in the right direction.

Note the photo was taken after lights out with a bright ceiling light illuminating the tank.

Happy to hear your thoughts or field questions.

Edit: sorry I was having issues uploading images. I've compressed them and trying again!

Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.12.34.png


Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.12.10.png


Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.11.59.png
Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.13.16.png
Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.11.43.png
Screenshot 2025-10-21 at 08.11.59.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new