So my lobo ate my Hollywood stunner chalice

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
020ED9F2-9F9C-440F-A14B-9D71D3B70712.jpeg

I got home to find that a fish had knocked my Hollywood stunner chalice from its location right onto one of my lobos. The lobo promptly proceeded to liquify all of the flesh of the chalice. This happened in less than 3 hours. Reefing is a wild ride. Last night a crab moved an echinata next to a lordwensis and the Acan lord did not survive the encounter. I had a fox flame that lost the battle to a hydnodophora last week. Why can’t they all just get along????!!!!

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny… the stunner was glued down. I have fairly large fish and a blue hippo that has decided it likes to dive between two rocks and must have knocked the stunner off despite being glued down.

I also have a crab who fancies himself a decorator and moves Acan plugs around like it’s nobody’s business.

The hydnodophora/flame incident was totally on me. 3-4 inches was not enough.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think anything could kill a Hollywood Stunner. Thought it was the opposite with the sweepers. BTW, I Have a Hollywood Stunner and a Finger Leather that touch, and they don’t destroy each other.

thrillreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only long term solution here is, get a bigger tank so the corals have more space!

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t think anything could kill a Hollywood Stunner. Thought it was the opposite with the sweepers. BTW, I Have a Hollywood Stunner and a Finger Leather that touch, and they don’t destroy each other.
Right? That lobo has also killed a button scoly. It is a total menace. I just did not expect them to be so vicious. I moved my Acantho yesterday because it had stopped inflating. Turns out it must have been trying to get away from the lobo because now it’s back to normal!

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel ya.

I just removed my 15 year old Hippo tang from my reef because he suddenly (and without warning) developed a taste for a few expensive Acanthophyllia corals. Like you said, why can’t they all just get along?

machome79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
020ED9F2-9F9C-440F-A14B-9D71D3B70712.jpeg

I got home to find that a fish had knocked my Hollywood stunner chalice from its location right onto one of my lobos. The lobo promptly proceeded to liquify all of the flesh of the chalice. This happened in less than 3 hours. Reefing is a wild ride. Last night a crab moved an echinata next to a lordwensis and the Acan lord did not survive the encounter. I had a fox flame that lost the battle to a hydnodophora last week. Why can’t they all just get along????!!!!
Wow! Chemical warfare. Everyday owning a reef tank is like a daytime drama

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back