So whats your profession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VanHalen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
mosaic and marble fabricator
 
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. A fancy term to describe a digital map maker. I am currently working on the Operational Range Inventory and Sustainment project which catalogs Army training areas according to their boundaries/usages/environmental/munitions data.

Right now I am on site at Fort Jackson SC. best known for training 18yr old kids to become the soldiers our country relies on!
orig.jpg
 
HEY!!!!!!!!...i'm a GIS'er as well!! wooot!!! geography rocks!!!!!

.....I work for the Ontario Ministry of the Environment. My exact job title is pretty long, but it basically boils down to 'GIS Officer'. Besides working on maps, I do a fair bit of work on the Oracle/SDE side of things, as well as developing an internal Web GIS application (we're beta testing now-finally!).

My team and I support the scientists and modelers in the Ministry by providing spatial data, satellite imagery, orthos, etc.

Before this job, i did GIS for a big grocery chain - mapping out socio-demographics, trade areas, customer base, etc....

Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. A fancy term to describe a digital map maker. I am currently working on the Operational Range Inventory and Sustainment project which catalogs Army training areas according to their boundaries/usages/environmental/munitions data.

Right now I am on site at Fort Jackson SC. best known for training 18yr old kids to become the soldiers our country relies on!

orig.jpg
 
Professional Band Groupie........
 
Don't Shoot !!!

Do you really want to know??? I'm a Compliance Officer for The D.O.L....aka OSHA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new