So you have a Vectra M1? Talk about it already!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

johne3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has done nothing but treat me well. It was a little frustrating with the legacy update but they took care of me. I still have some issues with Live but overall happy

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still don't have mine set up yet. Just got my reef link and have my mp40s with my radion lights. Hope to expirence how they will all work together!

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to get my Vectra M1 for purchase. 1st question: Will I be able to plumb this into my already existing fittings? I have 3/4" PVC, will I be able to convert the BSPT to fit standard PVC plumbing or is it the same?

IdahoReefMafia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the l1, I love this pump. It's so quiet I didn't know it was running at first. I put it in my sump as an internal pump and I'm super happy with it. I love the feed mode, I can turn it down so that food doesn't go down the overflows but not so much that I sucks down the outlets. Best pump ever.

Epicreefster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ran my M1 on my new 50g custom for about a week without calibrating it and I was impressed but mostly I was impressed with my overflow being able to handle all the flow. Im running a bean animal siphon overflow with the siphon running an algae turf scrubber so the ATS was a bit noisy bjt the pump was silent. Then I got around to calibrating the pump and now the system is amazing. It makes tweaking the siphon a breeze, in fact because my siphon is 3" bellow my open overflow I can actualy adjust the pump higher than the siphons capacity where it sucks air but bellow 3" of head pressure above the siphon, where the open line begins draining, so only my siphon runs the drain and I effectively have two emergency overflows. This has allowed me to run a truly silent overflow, and the pump is silent too. Two L1 pumps power the 400g project I'm currently working on(avatar) and they are set fairly low for now, I think one L1 would probably have been fine. While I have had a series of issues with radions and mps technical support has always helped out and most of the time the issues were not a product defect. I'm looking forward to an S1 size pump hopefully soon.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am another member of the "M1 in a Box Club." Waiting on my new tank... Looks like a nice pump. Will be used as a submerged return pump on a 120 - one of these days.

Vanmo92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on when the Vectra battery backup booster cables will come out? Battery backup is my main incentive to upgrade to a vectra and Im waiting till I can buy the full package.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back