So you're thinking of quitting the hobby...

Are you considering quitting the hobby? READ ME!

• Yes

Votes: 63 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 481 80.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 53 8.9%

• Total voters

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same happened a year into it. 4 months since I started and learned a good lesson since I didn’t quit. I became resourceful and even more detailed, so far loving the tank and hoping it continues on...don’t cash you owe yourself another round.

Thanks for the upbeat post, I appreciate it! I'm still on the fence.. but, I may just downsize to a 50 gallon or so.. we'll see..

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and do really enjoy the hobby but recently had an outbreak of Monti Eating Nudis that I can’t seem to shake. I cannot simply remove the monti for dipping every couple days because of my rockscape being mortared in place (stupid mistake)! I don’t want to leave the hobby but these kind of things really push my buttons. I have fought thru Some issues in the past with my tanks but this one is eating my lunch! Makes me wanna give up sometimes.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have and do really enjoy the hobby but recently had an outbreak of Monti Eating Nudis that I can’t seem to shake. I cannot simply remove the monti for dipping every couple days because of my rockscape being mortared in place (stupid mistake)! I don’t want to leave the hobby but these kind of things really push my buttons. I have fought thru Some issues in the past with my tanks but this one is eating my lunch! Makes me wanna give up sometimes.
Sorry to hear you're dealing with that. I know pests are SUPER frustrating, especially in these types of issues. Any chance of removing the monti completely and starving the evil little critters out?

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you're dealing with that. I know pests are SUPER frustrating, especially in these types of issues. Any chance of removing the monti completely and starving the evil little critters out?
Unfortunately it’s not that easy. When I started my tank I mortared most of my rockscape together instead of using acrylic rods or just simply stacking. I have been removing the monti frags I have and the monti that I have on a couple removable pieces and dipping, brushing and inspecting them on a twice a week basis. They are not causing any real damage to any of my montis I guess because I caught it early and do manual removal of the Nudi as well. But yes to say the least it is VERY frustrating. I may have to chisel it off the rocks if it gets too out of hand and I start seeing real signs of damage.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 50 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back