soap and shampoo

Aiptaisia anemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i have a pico reef tank, i always wonder if low amount of bar soap and shampoo is bad for the tank..? i saw a hair in my reef tank and its bugging me lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i have a pico reef tank, i always wonder if low amount of bar soap and shampoo is bad for the tank..? i saw a hair in my reef tank and its bugging me lol

A hair with traces of residual shampoo is no concern. Spilling a visible amount into it would be.

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hair with traces of residual shampoo is no concern. Spilling a visible amount into it would be.
Took a shower about 30 minutes before this happened but i accidentally sorta slapped the top of the water with the back of my hand and i been so anxious residue might mess with my corals. this post makes me feel better

markron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I recently went on a website recommended by another board member and one of things mentioned on this website was how bad shampoo can be for your hair. I understand that the website owner made it a point to talk about shampoos that had sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate will essentially kill the hair, but what about the ones that don't have it in the shampoo? As comsumer allowed to use those w/o worrying? Thanks is ogx shampoo good

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I recently went on a website recommended by another board member and one of things mentioned on this website was how bad shampoo can be for your hair. I understand that the website owner made it a point to talk about shampoos that had sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate will essentially kill the hair, but what about the ones that don't have it in the shampoo? As comsumer allowed to use those w/o worrying? Thanks is ogx shampoo good

You are asking about the possible use and impact of a shampoo ingredient on your own hair, as opposed to any impact on a reef tank?

IMO, a ton of info about such products is marketing pseudoscience, but I am not going to express opinions about what chemical ingredients make hair look better, and Reef2reef is not a good place to foster such a discussion, except perhaps in the lounge. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back