Soda Ash Issues?

vardellini

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started dosing soda ash to my 90 gal system. I keep upping the dose and I’m not really getting anywhere with my dkh. I have a light amount of coral so I dont think it’s using that much. Right now I’m dosing 120 ml of the BRS liquid soda ash. I followed the instructions when mixing it. It’s dosed on a pump so it’s split up in 24 increments through the day. There is definitely a brief precipitation with cloudiness but it quickly disappears. I don’t see any buildup of precipitation on the rocks, sand, or equipment. I guess I just want to know if 120 ml per day or more is realistic? Or did I go wrong somewhere? Thanks!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef.

That 120 mL would raise alk by 2 dKH.

How much did you want to raise alk?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new