sodium hydroxide mixing with sodium carbonate

  • Thread starter Thread starter marke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

marke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
56
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wondering if sodium hydroxide will mix with sodium carbonate. Assuming it does to some solubility level. If I want a 50/50 blend at max solubility how would I calculate how much of each? My quesstimate is about 150 gr hydroxide and 250 of sodium carbonate per gallon ro. Thanks for your help in advance!
 
Yes, you can combine them. The max solubility of the carbonate will decline as you add sodium hydroxide (by the "common ion effect"), but the sodium hydroxide solubility is nearly unlimited.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new